Search and preview standards
Customer Licence Agreement
Between you, our customer, and us, INDOCAL, the seller.
When you order (an) ISO publication(s), you accept this Customer Licence Agreement ("Licence Agreement") and the Terms and Conditions of Sale, so make sure you read all these terms before finalizing your purchase. Should you have any questions about this Licence Agreement, please contact us.
- ISO's Copyright. The ISO publication(s) you order is/are copyrighted by the International Organization for Standardization. You acknowledge and agree to respect ISO's copyright in our publications by purchasing, downloading, copying or otherwise using (an) ISO publication(s). Except as provided for under this Licence Agreement, you may not lend, lease, reproduce, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit ISO publication(s). In the case of joint standards (such as ISO/IEC standards), this clause shall apply to the respective joint copyright ownership.
- Watermark. Electronic copies of ISO publications are watermarked with your company name, your name, and email address that you enter into your account when you order (an) ISO publication(s) from our webstore in order to identify the rightful licensee of the document.
- Single User Licence. ISO publications can only be bought for your personal individual use and cannot be transferred to another user. If you wish to purchase (an) ISO publication(s) for multiple users (for example, for your colleagues or post on your company's intranet) or want to obtain broader rights beyond your personal use, please contact us to explore your options.
- Electronic copies. You may download copies of the electronic copy(ies) of ISO publication(s) you've purchased on all your personal devices (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, e-reader, smartphone, etc.) Printing is permitted for your personal use only. Sharing or posting the ISO publication(s) on your company's intranet is not permitted under this Licence Agreement, so please contact us if you would like to.
- Paper copies. If you have ordered (an) ISO publication(s) in paper form, you may not photocopy or reproduce it/them in any way. Additional paper copies may only be made with written permission from us.
- Online Collections. Online Collections of ISO Standards can be purchased for single users or for multiple users. In the case of multiple users, the subscription manager purchases and grants access to the collection to other users. However, only the subscription manager has full administrative access to the account. Online collections cannot be printed or otherwise distributed; access is limited to viewing only.
- Codes and Graphical Symbols (and their Collections). You may use codes (such as language, currency, and country) and graphical symbols for the implementation of their respective ISO standard(s). For example, this means using the symbol in accordance with its meaning as a graphical symbol, e.g., the "No smoking" symbol to designate a non-smokers' area. However, you may not post or resell these on the Internet. If you would like to use the codes or symbols differently, please contact us.
- Termination. Without prejudice to other rights, ISO or INDOCAL may terminate this Licence Agreement with you at any time upon written notice if you fail to comply with the conditions of this Licence Agreement. In the case of termination, you must delete any electronic or paper copies of ISO publications subject to this Licence Agreement.
- Limitations. ISO publications are provided without any warranties, including accuracy and correctness, or for being fit for any individual needs. Our liability for damages caused is limited to gross negligence or intentional behavior.
- Governing law. In the case of any dispute between you and us arising in connection with this Licence Agreement, exclusively Swiss law is applicable with the exclusion of its choice of laws provisions. Any dispute shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chambers of Commerce in force on the date when the notice of arbitration is submitted. The number of arbitrators shall be one, the seat of the arbitration Geneva, Switzerland, and the arbitral proceedings conducted in English only.
Should you have questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last updated on 2017-02-01. We may amend these terms at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms on the website and shall be effect as of the date of their posting.